Months to build
- 2020 Master Builders WA – Best Public Use Building $1.5-$5m
- 2020 Master Builders WA – Excellence in Construction on a Challenging Site
- Restrictive Site Access
- Design & Construct Elements of Work
- Existing Structure Works
- Environmentally Sustainable Design
- Commercial Kitchen Facility and Bar Fitout
The project scope consisted of the complete redevelopment of The Rechabite Hall into a multi-purpose performance, entertainment, and hospitality venue whilst maintaining the authenticity and heritage character of one of Perth’s grand treasures. The transformation spanned across four levels from the basement to the new rooftop bar.
Key scope items included underpinning and strengthening works to the existing walls, structural earthquake bracing, a rooftop deck construction, internal fit-out works, and restoration works to the internal and external building fabric.
The heritage significance of the building, the deteriorated nature of the fabric, the location, and the design presented challenges that required constant problem-solving throughout construction.